Monday, May 11, 2009

Mind Matters?? It sure does - heres how

After the long tiring weekend - was kinda sorta stretching while waiting @ a traffic signal during my commute to work.. it took me about 45secs to realize that the light had already turned green.. was glad noone honked @ me... and my mind started racing.. we who have too much commute should own a Grand caravan(just a bigger car). more leg room.. so we can just park somewhere and have enough space to stretch.. my mind switched to thinking about owning an RV(Recreational vehicle - 'badi gaadi'.. like Shah Rukh Khan had in the movie Swades),instead.. By Jove!!!! thats way beyond my means.. yet!! 'khayali pulav'..

Anyways coming back to my story - I had already taken the exit to the highway and what do I see? A Dodge caravan car right in front of me.. I hardly ever notice a dodge caravan during my commute.. most cars are usually - Nissan, toyota, Honda, the Benz, Audi - ones in a while or those pickups - Chevrolet, GMC..
Dodge?? hardly ever..I was really amazed @ the incidental coincidence.. wudnt you be? you think about something and wallah!!! its right in front of you.. many such things happen in life.. some we are forced to notice.. some just gets ignored.. what are these - mind games?? are thoughts just precursor to real happenings?? I often question myself about such things.. its a very interesting phenomena..

later in the day I was forced to think about my very own existence.. while picking up my daughter as I saw her run to me from the playground.. my thoughts started racing again.. what if I met with an accident and am unable to pick her up anyday.. you know what if our whole schedule goes awry because of a life shattering or life turning event... its not like I havent faced it before.. but no matter what noone knows about the future.. its so uncertain.. its so awe inspiring @ times.. its not like you think about 'what ifs' every moment.. besides even if you think , all events and incident categories are different.. noone is ever prepared for a disaster.. noones ever prepared for a catastrophe.. noones ever prepared to llose a loved one suddenly or even if he/she is terminally ill.. its all about the life blood , the pulse that throbs.. as long as its throbbing - we call ourselves 'the living'.. the sooner it stops we are no longer in this world.. I shudder @ the thought of it.. I have seen it yet its unbelievable.. its just plain harsh, a devastation that has no measure.. dont know why am jotting these down.. but maybe am Thanking the Super Power up there somewhere for being alive and well..and for being able to enjoy the joys of life.. and for my sweet daughter and family and friends..

cause mind is a complex organ.. dont ignore its indications,insinuations... sometimes it does take you through some absurd thoughts , sometimes illogical, sometimes profound, its endless, its working even when we sleep.. else how do you dream? our mind is a subtle intelligence @ play. My reverence.

2 comments:

Mist-wrapt said...

And you did have a Dodge caravan for the trip last weekend!

As for thoughts - many if not all so materialise. So think of good stuff, and enjoy the magic! Start with Ranbir Kapoor, shall we? :-)

Sharmistha said...

nah!! not that chocolate Hero - sadly not my kind :-).. but thanx for the tip