Monday, May 4, 2009

My daughters pet - A box Turtle(mini)

Out of curiosity she insisted me to purchase couple of mini turtles during our vacation to Pensacola beach Florida. She was asking for a pet for sometime now and so finally she had it. Eventually those became my and my mother's responsbility.. cause cleaning the tank every couple of days and feeding them every now and then was too much for my daughter. She would rather dig her nose into those innumerous Nintendo DS games or club penguin games.. so after my parents left and we came down to just one turtle ..

how?? well!! thats another story.. everyday we used to take them out of the tank so they felt free for a little.. the bigger of the 2 turtles' named Tom was always on the go.. he decided to take a stroll between the darkest hole one morning and was too quick for me to grab him out of his troubles.. which happened to be my apartment walls.. and he never came back from that den.. so then there was one - Jerry.. he went into severe depression after my Ma left..

why?? cause my Ma gave him lot of attention.. talked to him.. fed him raw shrimp or fish while she was cooking and he sat on the kitchen island watching her all thru the day.. he found company in my Ma.. while I was @ work and his so-called owner was @ school.. in trying to get back into a regular schedule we kinda forgot about Mr Jerry except for the fact of feeding him, after my parents left.. he waited in my bedroom.. in his little tank.. all day long to see us.. and we wud oblige him only ven it was time to go to bed.. this went on for a while and he refused to eat for a whole week.. thats ven it actually struck me - maybe loneliness got the better of him.. I wud call out his name and he wud stick his little head out with the saddest of look you cud ever bear to see.. so since then he has occupied my kitchen island once again and is happy as a lark... incidentally venever we eat he makes every indication of being hungry too and eats along with us.. he is part of the family in every which way possible now.. even now as I write he is digging into the pebbles in his tank.. lesson I learned - every being has mental and emotional issues.. whether we agree or not.. so treat them with some respect..

1 comment:

Silence said...

Saw Jerry's photos and have heard a lot about him - looking forward to meet him in a couple of weeks
:-)