Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Memorial Service

I dread attending one. I do. It has been over 6 yrs now. Still the memories are fresh. What followed has gotten hazy over time cause of stress I believe.. or cause its too painful to remember!!!
The newz of death shakes the Hell out of me. I instantly try to distract myself.
Attended a memorial service yday. Young, dynamic, talented, humble, friendly kid. What was his fault? Why this unfairness to him. We Hindus believe in Karma. Although the body burns up or degenerates the soul travels thru time carrying our legacy and the load of Karma from the past life, with it changing bodies like snake sheds skin and grows a new one. We try to rationalize - 'itni hi kam ayu thi uski'
It was heart rending. I couldnt check myself and the dam was broken. I hardly know the family that well but I could relate to their loss. What goes thru the parents being, is unfathomable. The portrayal of strength against this misfortune, is just the outer 'skin of things'. The world within their heart and mind will never be the same again. So many memories to carry forward.. so many happy, joyous and sad instances along with their son.
One wheel of the family car - gone. Thats how it has been for me all this while. I even tried replacing(a spare tire) - it dint fit. It made me feel every bump on the roads. It wasnt aligned however hard I tried. Some are lucky - they find that perfect fit. Who knows maybe someday.................

No comments: